Hashed Health, a consortium leveraging Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies for transformation in the U.S. healthcare system, announced an initial funding round of nearly $2 million.
“Hashed Health is strategically positioned to begin development of healthcare-specific solutions for streamlining ineffective healthcare delivery models, and to address a range of well-known issues in healthcare,” said Founder and CEO John Bass.
Martin Ventures led the round and is known for backing new business models that remove friction and inefficiencies inherent in healthcare transactions and bring fresh approaches to consumer engagement in care.
Charles Martin, chairman and founder of Martin Ventures said:
“Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies hold tremendous promise in our attempts to place the consumer at the center of the healthcare ecosystem. The healthcare industry must be drastically reformed in order to address problems related to quality, cost and waste. Hashed Health is poised to drive innovation and collaboration to reach these goals.”
Another investor is Shanghai-based Blockchain VC Fenbushi Capital.
“We strongly believe Hashed Health’s Blockchain technology will play an important role in bringing transparency, efficiency and robustness into the global healthcare economy,” said Bo Shen, Founding Partner of Fenbushi.
“We are proud to partner with Martin Ventures, a leader in healthcare investments, and Fenbushi Capital, a leader in Blockchain investments,” said John Bass. “With the initial round closed, we are continuing the exciting work of organizing the market around these game-changing projects.”
Drawing on a combined 50 years of experience in healthcare operations and IT integrations, Hashed Health plans to foster collaboration among leading healthcare enterprises to advance distributed ledger solutions to address long-standing and systemic healthcare industry issues.
Hashed Health is a healthcare technology consortium dedicated to leveraging the Blockchain and distributed ledger to develop work groups centered on specific healthcare use cases. To empower its members, Hashed Health provides value-added services such as network product management, product development, regulatory guidance and technology support services for Blockchain networks. Hashed Health work groups focus on Blockchain implementations to address a range of well-known issues in healthcare including IoT, revenue cycle management, payment reform, medical records, insurance and healthcare/pharmaceutical supply chain logistics. More information can be found at http://www.hashedhealth.com/ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder, Publisher and Editor in Chief of Blockchain News and co-founder and director at Blockchain Partners in London/Amsterdam/NYC, Richard Kastelein is also an advisor with a number Blockchain startups doing ICOs including DECENT.ch, Inchain, Humaniq, Chronobank, eGaas and others.
He is regarded as one of the top journalists by the Blockchain and fintech communities – as is evident by his entry in the Top 150 Fintech journalists online and in the top 10 of the Blockchain Top 100 List. As a prominent keynote presenter, he has spoken on Blockchain at events in Gdansk, Amsterdam, Minsk, Dubai, Antwerp, Eindhoven etc, where he helped spread the cause for Blockchain technology and crypto-currency and, consequently, has built a notable network inthe scene.
In 2013, the European Commission appointed him as an expert for overseeing financing for emerging startups as a part of the European Commission’s 90 billion euro Horizon 2020 project, created in Brussels to promote innovation as a driving force of job creation and business ventures across Europe. He has also worked as an external expert for Innovate UK since 2012, judging startups for the UK government.
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round– February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government– February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc.– February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO)– February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries– February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet– February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners– February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups– February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs– February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal– February 2, 2017
- The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance Announces New Blockchain Assets Working Group– February 2, 2017
- Tel Aviv’s Colu Launches Local Digital Currency for Liverpool – East London Next– February 2, 2017
- South Africa Mulling Over Blockchain Digital Currency– February 2, 2017
- Nine in Ten Governments Investing in Blockchain by 2018 Says IBM Study– February 2, 2017
- NATO Awards Estonian Blockchain Company Guardtime Contract for Next-Generation Cyber Range– February 2, 2017
- Microsoft and Tierion Collaborate on Attestations and Blockchain Proofs– February 2, 2017
- Irish Funds and Deloitte Trial Blockchain Proof-of-Concept– February 2, 2017
- Cambridge Blockchain Raise $2 Million for Digital Identity Enterprise Software– February 2, 2017
- National Altcoins – a Toy for Market Sharks or Godsend for Local Communities?– February 1, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Announces ICO– February 1, 2017
- SibCoin – the Cryptocurrency Conquered Siberia and Outsailed Dash– February 1, 2017
- PayCommerce Leverages Blockchain Technology to Transacts Their First Live Real-Time Cross-Border Payment, Clearing and Settlement.– January 31, 2017
- Acronis’s New Personal Backup Solution Offers Blockchain-Based Capabilities and Anti-Ransomware– January 31, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Announces it is Now a Member of the Blockchain Alliance– January 30, 2017
- TokenMarket and Blockchain Partners Team up to Build Better ICOs for Startups– January 30, 2017
- Blockchain Startups and Enterprises Launch IoT Protocol Initiative– January 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Respectonomy Finalises ICO Details, Launches Whitepaper and Bounty Programme– January 26, 2017
- Blockchain Can Fundamentally Reshape Banking Says Bank Of England Governor Mark Carney– January 26, 2017
- Mojix is teaming with Microsoft to offer a Blockchain-enhanced RFID Solution– January 26, 2017
- Deutsche Börse Presents Blockchain Concept for Risk Free Cash Transfer– January 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bitfury Backed for $30m from Credit China Fintech to Expand to China– January 26, 2017
- Australia’s Commonwealth Bank and QTC Create the World’s First Government Bond using Blockchain– January 26, 2017
- The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) Completes Blockchain Trial – Moving Closer to Becoming the First Central Bank to Issue Digital Currency– January 26, 2017
- 1,880,525 Votes Cast on Blockchain – Largest Ever– January 25, 2017
- Top Blockchain Start-Ups Join Together To Improve Industry Marketing– January 25, 2017
- Malta Government Cuts Deal for Blockchain Solutions with Learning Machine Group– January 25, 2017
- ConsenSys Cuts Blockchain Deal with adChain For Digital Advertising– January 25, 2017
- Swiss Startup Procivis Launches Blockchain Government Platform– January 25, 2017
- Commodities Behemoth Testing Blockchain Tech with Crude Oil Cargo– January 21, 2017
- Berlin’s Neufund Blockchain Fundraising Platform Raises $2 Million– January 21, 2017
- Alibaba’s Ant Financial Aims for 2 billion Users by Bringing Blockchain Technology to Alipay– January 20, 2017
- ChronoBank Plans to Use Multiple Blockchains– January 20, 2017
- Hyperledger Welcomes New Blockchain Platform Partner Cello– January 20, 2017
- WISeKey and Stratumn Join Forces to Use Blockchain for Real-Time Accountability and Traceability in Enterprise Processes– January 20, 2017
- Blockchain Report – European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA)– January 20, 2017
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain– January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain– January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash– January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders– January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin– January 16, 2017